< Back to Events Page
“Modeling Christ’s Love within Professional Practice” Conference
» April 11-April 13, 2018 – ASB Arena, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
IAPCHE is collaborating with member institution, Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, to host a conference on "Modeling Christ's Love within Professional Practice," which will be held from April 11-13, 2018, at ASB Arena, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
The organizers hope that the conference will encourage and grow inter-institutional research, scholarship, networking, collaboration and fellowship, as well as publish a proceedings book that captures the papers presented over the three days. The conference website is found here and the registration page is found here.
Speakers in the conference will be:
- Dr. Nick Lantinga, Associate Professor of International Studies, Handong Global University, Republic of Korea; former Executive Director of IAPCHE
- Connie Rasilim, Dean of Education, Teachers College and Psychology, Universitas Pelita Harapan, Indonesia
- Rev. Dr. Mele’ana M. Puloka, President of Education within the Ministry of Education in the Free Wesleyan Church of Tonga, Tonga
- Dr. Andrew Smith, Dean of Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Dr. Bev Norsworthy, Head of Teaching and Learning, Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Dr. J. Dinakarlal, Regional Director of IAPCHE Asia-Oceania
A highlight of the conference will be the conference dinner celebrating "Life, Hope, & Justice
." The dinner will celebrate 25 years of BTI delivering Christian tertiary education and will provide the opportunity for guests to hear an inspirational story of life, hope and justice from Bob and Freda Narev. Learn more on this informational page.
To learn more about the conference, view the 3-day conference program on the conference website here
. You may also view the full conference brochure here.
Call for Papers
The organizers are now inviting paper/workshop submissions of 30 - 45 minutes. Up to 24 paper presentations will be accepted for the conference. The aim is to peer review all extended abstracts for presentation. Additionally, the organizers will peer review any full papers for publication in a proceedings book with ISBN details. This book will be made available to participants at the conference (price covered in registration fee).
Three strands for which the organizers are seeking abstracts are:
- Innovations in Christian Pedagogy and/or Christian Higher Education
- Strengthening Discipleship and/or Leadership within Communities of Practice
- Engaging Christianly with Social, Cultural, and Spiritual Issues of our Day
- Complete the Call For Papers form found here
- Submit your title and 250 word abstract no later than October 30, 2017
- After BTI Peer review, organizers will contact you to confirm whether your paper has been accepted
- Once accepted, you will be asked to submit your paper by November 15, 2017
- Dr. James Arkwright with any questions regarding abstracts at email@example.com
- Wendy Pyne with any questions about registration at firstname.lastname@example.org